- As of July 1, 2022, Colorado has implemented a retail delivery fee
- “All deliveries by motor vehicle to a location in Colorado with at least one item of tangible personal property subject to state sales or use tax.” (Colorado Department of Revenue website)
- “Retailers that make retail deliveries must show the total of the fees on the receipt or invoice as one item called ‘retail delivery fees.'” (Colorado Department of Revenue website)
- Retail Delivery Fee | Department of Revenue – Taxation (colorado.gov)
NOTE: Read the article for full specifications of the fee and what is required
- Starting with version 7.732, Stone Edge will have a built-in solution to comply with this fee. The change will:
- Add the necessary $0 line item to manual orders shipping to CO
- Let anyone using order manager as their tax system add a flat rate to their sales tax
- Marketplaces should have systems in place to deal with this change since the customer first sees their receipt from the website upon ordering.
Marketplaces and Sales Tax Systems (Updated 7/05/2022)
- This is a list of articles regarding different company’s approaches to this new fee
- Adobe Commerce
Sales Tax Systems
- Mandatory Colorado Retail Delivery Fee Update (google.com) (google groups)
- TaxJar does not view this fee as a tax and therefore is not supporting it (Miva article)
What can I do right now?
- Make a nontaxable item that can be manually added to Colorado orders for manual orders.
- Enter manual orders through your shopping cart, so they get imported
- Customize email and report templates for Colorado orders
- Please get in contact with our sales team for a quote! email@example.com