Shopping Cart Integration
Import and process orders. Import up-to-date product and customer lists. Synchronize stock levels in real-time between your various sales channels. Send order status and tracking data back to your Web stores.
Monsoon Stone Edge works with over 40 different shopping carts and other Internet sales channels, such as Amazon and eBay. In most cases orders are imported directly from the shopping cart with one button click – no messy text file downloads or data conversions needed. (The level of integration of Stone Edge with a particular cart varies depending on the features and capabilities of the cart. See the Shopping Cart Matrix below for integration details.)
Quick and easy integration is available with the following shopping carts and sales channels. If you use a custom shopping cart or one that is not listed below, we offer a “generic” license that can import orders via text files or our Web-based API. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
System Requirements page to view the specific versions of any given cart that are supported.
- Requires Viking Coder's "Inventory Manager"or ModStop's "Inventory Trk Pro".
- Text file import from FTP site or XML import. (XML import requires Wrinkle Brain's "Semplice" program, available at a special price from Monsoon Commerce.) Status updates available only if using Semplice.
- Data exchange with Blackthorne Pro.
- Monsoon Commerce will supply any necessary scripts or modules needed for Stone Edge to communicate with your website.
- ShopSite Pro 6.3 (and higher) feature direct download to Stone Edge via XML. ShopSite Pro 6.2 (and lower) and ShopSite Manager require a text file download from ShopSite Back Office, which is then imported into Stone Edge.
- Real-time inventory synchronization requires an annual subscription to the Real-time Inventory Link.
- All features are available for generic shopping carts provided you choose to develop that part of the integration.
- This cart does not allow the users to pull orders from it as needed so it requires an annual subscription to an order hosting and delivery web service provided by Monsoon Commerce.
- This capability is possible with the deployment of CRE Loaded Pro/B2Bs subproducts feature only.
- Some features may only be available in the latest Beta Test release.
- Currently supported in the 5.9 release with a Generic Shopping Cart License. Full support coming soon.
Integration DescriptionsDirect Import: Most shopping carts allow Stone Edge to pull your orders down directly into the program by simply clicking a button in Stone Edge. While most direct imports are through a script that is installed on your site, this term can also refer to a direct database connection as with eBay's Seller's Assistant Pro.
Text File Import: For shopping carts that do not support a direct import you are required to download a file(s) from your shopping cart onto your PC in order to import your orders.
Real Time Inventory:
· = Real time inventory refers to Stone Edge’s ability to update your shopping cart’s quantity on hand levels in real time as you sell and/or receive products. Many shopping carts allow you to track and synchronize inventory at the option level (a.k.a “variant” or “attribute”). With option level inventory synchronization, you will not only know how many t-shirts you have in stock, but you will know how many red, large t-shirts and blue, medium t-shirts you have.
S = refers to Stone Edge being able to ONLY update inventory at the parent SKU level, not at the option level.
Customer Import*: Customer import is the ability to import a customer list directly from you shopping cart.
Product Import*: Product import is the ability to import your product database from your shopping cart.
Status Updates: These shopping carts have the ability to have Stone Edge update status information (e.g., Shipped, Backordered, etc) and usually tracking numbers and ship dates. For shopping carts that do not support status updates and even for those that do we encourage the use of our comprehensive Order Status System.
* All systems include downloading of customer and product data with orders. These columns indicate shopping carts that support downloading of customer and product data independent of orders.